Collapse and consolidation of lower lobe of left lung-post tubercular
The patient aged 25 years consulted me on August 2014 . In his CT- chest report there is “Collapse and consolidation of lower lobe of left lung and reduced volume of left lung seen. He had Tuberculosis before and had taken ant- tubercular treatment. After one year of treatment CT Scan again taken there is no evidence of collapse and lung is in normal condition.
New case study
Case studies will update soon
Cirrhosis, Splenomegaly, portal hypertension
Muhammed Koy Beeran aged 31 yeras consulted me on 3/10/’14 for increased bilirubin for years and his USG report shows- Cirrhosis with with splenomegaly and thrombosed portal vein ,portal hypertension. The first scan and the last scan is presented here. He had haemetemesis.After one year of treatment- on 29/12/’15 USG again done showing no evidence of Cirrhosis, splenomegaly.
By Dr Jayakumar M Pannakkal
Amala Homoeopathic Clinic
After the very hot summer season with all its violence like boils,sunburns and even sunstroke all of us were eagerly waiting for rainy season. But rainy season began with some uninvited monsterous guests like H1N1, Dengue, Chikun Gunia etc.
People fear even to sneeze or cough. Above names are unheard among public some years ago. Now even children are accoustomed with it.
Swine influenza(Pig flue)
The virus of this is actually a subtype of Influenza A virus, Influenza A(H1N1) virus. This virus is endemic in pigs(Swine influenza) and birds(Avian influenza).The varieties of viruses are Influenza C, Subtypes of influenza A known as H1N1,H1N2,,H3N1,H3N2, and H2N3.
People with regular exposure to pigs are at increased risk of swine flu infection. The meat of an infected animal poses no risk of infection when properly cooked.
Symptoms of H1N1
- Fever particularly over 100 degrees
- Sore throat, cough, chills and and fatigue, body aches, headache,occasionally vomiting and diarrhoea.
- The risk group include persons above 65 and children younger than 5 years old.
- Serious complications may occur in patients with chronic medical conditions like DM,heart diseases,respiratory complaints and heavy smokers.
Serious warning sighs are
- Trouble breathing, including rapid breathing.
- Gray or bluish skin color
- Not drinking enough fluids
- Sleeping constantly and not interacting when awake
- Not urinating or no tears when crying
- Masks, personal cleanliness(when sneezing in public spaces use tissue paper),wash hand frequently,stay away from shopping malls,theaters,crouded areas
- Homoeopathic management
Every year we all are treating hundreds of viral fevers during the epidemic.The treatment plan is of no difference that we treat the patient according to the individual peculiarities.. There is no space here to write all about the remedies. So Iam compelled to give only short description of some medicines appearing in this situation.
Gels, Rhus tox, Bell, Arn, Ars, Bry, Bapt, Verat alb, Verat vir, Influenzinum, Canchalagua, CC, Chin ars, Chin S, Eup perf, Andersonia Rohitika, Infleuensinum, Nyctanthes, Swirtia Chiratta, Boletis L etc are found useful
- Gels has the dullness ,sleepiness,thirstlessness and chilliness(Caesalpenia bond.)
- Desmodium has dullness,sleeplessness,congested face
- Sensation as if all sides of the head are bound with a tape.(Meningitis)
- In case of Rhus tox, during chilliness he has the feeling of cold water poured upon the body(Merc Sol,Verat alb,Arn), and at heat stage the feeling is that through the blood vessels hot water is flowing (Calc c)and is very restless,and perspiration also.Body pain are also accompany this.
- Bell with congested face, continuous burning heat with perspiration of head, or universal shivering, burning thirst and prefer covering and furious delirium and sore throat.
- Baptesia resembles gels in its dullness, sleepiness etc but with thirst and sore bruised pain all over the body and restlessness (Ars, RhusT, Arn, Nyct ar etc)
- When abdominal symptoms are accompanying fever our Indian remedies are helpful.
- Nyctanthes with great thirst (Bry, Caesalpenia, Terebinth, Rhus tox, Ars, Chin S, Chin ars, Niccolum, etc),
- Atista with abdominal pain (cina), remittent or intermittent fever (Chin sulph)
- Swertia chirata (fever-killer) fever with nausea, weakness, continuous fever (Bapt, Chin ars-continuous fever with weakness),
- Aeglefolia influenza, Continued type of fever (Andersonia)
- Fever with soreness or body pain Arn, Rhus tox, Eup perf, Bapt, Sarcolactic acid, Canchaluga, Franciscea etc etc are in our armentorium.
- When there is repiratory distress with high fever Verat vir ,Verat alb, Ant tart, Ars, Phos etc are competent to meet such situation.
Lot and lot to say but less is the space
The name derived from Maconde language means â€˜lean forwardâ€™.It is an insectborne virus of the genus alpha virus.Transmitted to human by virus carrying Aedes Aegypti and Aedes Albopictus mosquitos.Chikungunya virus is indigenus to tropical Africa and Asia. Transmitted to human by bites of infected mosquito Chikungunya virus belong to alpha virus genus of the Togaviridae family.It is an Arbo virus(Ar-Arthopod, bo-borne)
Signs and symptoms
The incubation period of Chikungunya disease is from two to four days. Symptoms of the disease include a fever up to 40 Â°C (104 Â°F), a petechial or maculopapular rash of the trunk and occasionally the limbs, and arthralgia or arthritis affecting multiple joints.
Other nonspecific symptoms can include headache, conjunctival Infection, and slight photophobia. Typically, the fever lasts for two days and then ends abruptly. However, other symptomsâ€”namely joint pain, intense headache, insomnia and an extreme degree of prostrationâ€”last for a variable period; usually for about 5 to 7 days. Patients have complained of joint pains for much longer time periods depending on their age.
- ELISA- for specific IgM
Dengue (breakbone fever or dandy fever)
Disease out break after 5 to 6days (up to 14 days) of mosquito bite.
Viruses transmitted by Aedes egepti mosquitos.
- Sudden onset with high fever
- Headache, fever, severe joint pain, muscle pain, swollen glands (posterior cervical, epitrochlear, inguinal) and rash, pain behind the eyes.
- The presence of â€˜dengue triadâ€™- fever, rash, headache is characteristic.
- Nausea,vomiting and loss of appetite are common.
- Rash appear usually 3 to 4 days after fever. Petechial and maculopapular rashes occur over the forehead, forearms and legs.
- The illness last up to 10 days. But complete recovery takes as long as one month.
- Older children and adult are sicker than children.
- Some progress to dengue haemorrhagic fever.
- With haemorrhagic type blood vessels start to leak and cause bleeding from nose, mouth and gums.Pupura,echymosis caused by mild trauma.
- Bruising can be a sign of bleeding inside the body.
Without prompt treatment ,the blood vessels collapse, causing shock (dengue shock syndrome). It is fatal in about 5% cases.
In haemorrhagic type ,evidence of haemorrhage in the body like petechiae, bleeding in the nose or gums, black stool, easy bruising are all possible signs of haemorrhage. Haemorrhage is seen in several organs like lungs, kidneys, brain, myocardium and liver. Hypovolemic shock and renal failure may occur because of blood loss and renal lesion.
All above conditions begin abruptly. They belong to epidemic (aph-73) affecting large number of people at same time in similer manner. Though Chikungunia and dengue have got sudden beginning, their course is prolonged. Especially in Chikungunia many cases are long standing even after the completion of initial stages, there is a chronic tendency to settle in joints. In homoeopathic view we can assume chronic miasm plays here. In Sycotic patients the rheumatic symptoms are pronounced and prolonged.
Homoeopathy undoubtedly showed its superiority for treating Chikungunia in all its stages . Some remedies found useful for me for this conditions are
Bry, Rhus tox, Acon, Eup Perf, Formica rufa, Formic acid, Rad br, Crot H, Arn, Franciscea, Polyporus, Actea Spic, Cimcif, Caulo, Solanum L, propylaminum, Phyto, Ruta, Viola od. China etc etc
- Bry, Eup perf and Rhus tox are very important remedies and xured many cases when symptoms agreed.
- Solanum lyco is another remedy which got many similiarities with the above conditions. Here all joints are affected, there is lame tired feeling in the limbs with great exhaustion. Right sidedness is prominent (Formica rufa, Rhodod, Urtica urens,Viola od). Large as well as small joints are affected.Thirst for large quantities of water also present.
- Some cases need propylaminum â€“acute rheumatism with pain and fever.Thirst for large quantities of cold water. Great restlessness and thirst. Pain in wrist, ankle <slight motion.
- Polyporous pinicola-Constant rheumatic tearing pain in fingers, wrists, knees, ankles, feet,soles,heel. Weakness of ankle and feet causing walking difficult.
- Formica rufa-Sudden appearance of rheumatism with restlessness.
- Patient desire motion but it <. Right side is more affected.
- Stiffness and contraction of joints.
Radium br â€“ Pain in all limbs and whole body <night.
Pain < during rest and > by motion.
Entire body feels on fire with sharp kind of needle pricks, and electric shock like pain all over the body.
China affecting bones, muscles (formic acid, Cimcifuga), hands, fingers,knee, feet,sole. There will be weakness also.
Swelling, stiffness and pain in joints of fingers (Caulophyllum)
I am not forgetting the services done by Phytolocca, Actea sp, Puls, Franciscea un, Viola od,Viola Tr, Guaicum etc.
In most cases Chikungunia occur suddenly and immobilize patient. In some cases it persists for months . The potentized homoeopathic similimum is the best choice here.
I had treated a complicated case of dengue. The patientâ€™s wife was a nurse of famous hospital. He was put in ICU for drastic drop of platelet count. Fast declining of platelet count inspite of their treatment. The platelet count was 10,000 when I saw him. His face and palm were blood red. I had given him Arnica30 with frequent repetition if possible (as he was in ICU). The Drs were not aware of the homoeopathic treatment. So they just wondered due to the sudden rise of platelet count. Every day it increased by ten thousand and more. And with in 5 days he was discharged.
Some remedies which helped me to increase platelet count in ITP are Benz nit, Led, Ech etc.
Tomatto an unavoidable item in our dish .It is universally consumed by both vegetarians and non vegitarians
Historically thinking itâ€™s ancestoral place may be in Latin America. From olden times the people of Mexico and California used it as a preventive for rheumatism. It is also useful in conditions like Obesity ,Diabetes and Gout, Leucorhoea ,Metrorrhagia, Sorethroat etc.
It is one of the main remedy in some forms of chronic cough. Deep,harsh cough coming as from irritation of lower chest.Tickling from throat pit causing cough. Long standing chronic cough of months standing is easily yielded to it when symptoms agree .Other related remedies here are Bell,Rumex,Amm-br and,stan-iod etc
Last year Calicut was attacked by Chikun Gunia.. The scene was just like battle field. It attacked family as a whole especially adults making them invalid and immovable.
Homoeopaths rose to the occasion and Homoeopathic remedies proved their superiority when the drug warriors of other systems failed. During the beginning stage ,the cheek and nose of many patients are flushed,congested and red.So local people called it as Thakkali fever(tomato fever). So I referred every materia medica to know whether thakkali had to do anything for this condition. As I already mentioned above ,the local people of Mexoico and California were aware of its power over rheumatism and they ate quantities of ripe fruit to prevent rheumatism . During proving also it is found to be very effective especially in deltoid rheumatism.(rt).
Its rheumatic symptoms are ;Pain right deltoid(Sang can,Syph,Inula,Merc-iod-fl etc..),right elbow, middle of right arm, wrist, hand<right.and along the Course of right crural nerve, left hip, rt fibula to os calcis, rt.calf, rt.ankle.
Pain in all limbs and muscles of limbs(Formic acid). So I used it succesfully in many cases where right side is more affected.The redness of cheek and nose in the initial stage also cover this.
After Chikun gunia nose of many people turned black. Crotallus H removed it quickly.
It is one of the main remedy in some forms of chronic cough. Deep,harsh cough coming as from irritation of lower chest.Tickling from throat pit causing cough. Long standing chronic cough of months standing is easily yielded to it when symptoms agree .Other related remedies here are Bell,Rumex,Amm-br and Ran-scleratus.,stan-iod etc
During proving polyurea and great thirst found in many(? Diabetes).
Said to be good for obesity as thakkali fruit itself is obese!
Some women cannot eat tomatoes without getting backaches,leucorrhoea and metrorrhagia.Sensation of paralysis and weakness of memory and oversensitive to noices are the other features.
The headaches are very peculiar with heaviness in occiput especially right side and extending to eyes.There is marked confusion and heaviness,throbbing,bursting extending whole head and finally settles in occiput.
So Think about Tomato(Solanum Lyco)
When rhematic patients or Chikun Gunia affected mainly right side(Rhodo,Viola O)
- Pain in all limbs,bones and muscles
- Pains left after influenza
- The peculiarity of cough
- Coryza outdoors or from least dust(Hist)
- Leucorrhoea with backache(Eupion), metrorrhagia.
- Headache of occiput with heaviness and confusion and flushed face
(I had already published this article in IHK news,Kerala)